Saturday, July 13, 2013

Being Present ........Before a Trip

It is odd that when you know you won't be around for awhile, being present becomes easy and important.


I had a school business trip from July 7th - July 12th. This would be the first time in my daughter's conscious life that I had to leave her. Knowing that I would be gone for a week, we had many things planned.



The first thing we did was go to the parade and watch fireworks. Madison's cheer team was in the parade, so I went and cheered them on as they performed some stunts for the audience. When the parade ended we went out in search for some fireworks. This is something we do every year and always enjoy. We went to Barrington High School and watched their fireworks. They were good, but I still am a big fan of Sleepy Hollow's fireworks. We will be going back to Sleepy Hollow next year.


We saw Despicable Me 2. Instead of sitting in our seats and watching the movie, we put up the arm rest and cuddled and quietly talked about our favorite parts. The Lake in the Hills AMC just upgraded their theater and you now sit in leather recliners while watching the movie (and the prices did NOT change. Check them out if you are in the area. It was a great price for such comfortable viewing!


We got pedicures. Instead of reading a magazine and playing on our phones the entire time, we talked and laughed. This is a favorite of ours and we have been getting pedicures since Madison was 2.

It is the little things in life that make a huge difference. I need to be this present even when I am not going away. This is my goal. I am glad I got to accomplish it this week and was able to build memories with my daughter.

6 comments:

  1. I love the premise of your blog. Along your way you will blink, and when you do a decade will have passed. It all happens so fast, and then you have more regrets than memories. I wish I was more Present in my Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! A decade has already passed. It freaks me out!! I think everyone wishes they were more present. Let's all work on that. <3

      Delete
  2. Looks like you and Madison are having a great time! This blog is such a great way of remembering those times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a great time. It goes so fast; you have to capitalize on your time whenever you can!

      Delete
  3. Madison is a very lucky girl. Your blog is so special since it documents those moments in time you have together. What a fun time spent before you left. I am sure that time together made the time away a bit easier, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did make it easier. It was still hard, but I survived. :) When I was flying through the storms in Virginia I was grateful we had a great week.

      Delete