Saturday, June 29, 2013

Being Present at....Monster's University

Monster's University came out on Friday!! We have been looking forward to this for a long time. Madison has shown me every trailer that she could find and we have talked about needing another Monster movie since we fell in love with the first. When we are really looking forward to a specific movie I will venture out to the iPic theater.


We started the night at the colorful fountain. Madison used the time to make a video and practice a little tumbling. We went to the 11:30pm show, which was more of a problem for me than for Madison.





Movie, Dinner, and too much fun!
We got the nice seats that include a blanket and a pillow. Madison, of course, brought Sully who needed to come watch himself on the big screen (although I didnt get him any 3d glasses). We love this theater because we can eat dinner and we have SO much space!

We both made it through the movie without falling asleep and gave the movie two thumbs up. I especially liked Pixar's short film "The Blue Umbrella" that was shown before Monster's University.







We are deciding where we will spend time together next. Who has any suggestions of great things to do in Illinois in the summer?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun night! My wife and I just took our daughter to see Monsters University and it was a hit with her as well.

    As far as fun stuff for the summer goes, we usually hit Brookfield Zoo once or twice, do a museum (Science and Industry) is our favorite, and go to some of the smaller petting zoos around us (Randall Oaks and Cosley's Farm are two that we use). Otherwise it's pretty much just the park, the library, and bike rides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason, you should see the movie too! I liked it.

      We always spend time at Brookfield. She likes to watch the Zebras. I could watch the gorillas and dolphins all day.

      We haven't been to any museums this summer; I think it is time to schedule a trip!

      Delete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I have a gift card to a theater similar to the one you went to, but I just haven't set a plan to go yet!?! I love that you went with your daughter! She looks like she loved the whole experience! What a great idea for anytime of the year.

    Some things I like to do over the summer are: checking out a museum or zoo (I can rarely do this over the school year), go to the forest preserve and rent a paddle boat or canoe (so fun), and five k walk or run (I know sounds hard but it's really fun and there are lots for mother/daughters). Think about these ideas to see if any interest you or your daughter. Hope you are feeling better! We all missed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should check out a paddle boat or canoe! Great idea! We have not done anything like that, so it would be a great adventure.

      What 5k's did you do? I did the Warrior Dash, which I loved. Madison has not done any though....

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of that theater before but it sounds like a blast so I'll definitely have to check it out! We went and saw Monster's University and loved it too! We just saw Despicable Me 2, which was amazing! You and your daughter should definitely go see it! I'm not sure about your hometown theater, but ours in Oswego does $1 movies on certain weekdays. It might be something to look at because it's a cheap and fun since you like seeing movies together! :) I'm excited to see you in class Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna, It is a fun theater if you want to do dinner and a movie. If you stay in the nicer seats you even get a blanket and pillow. Very fancy. I would not go there all the time, but for special occasions it is fun!

      We took your advice and saw Despicable Me 2- Great recommendation. It was so cute!

      Check it out!
      https://www.ipictheaters.com/default.aspx

      Delete
  4. You guys have so many great ideas! We went to see Despicable Me 2 on Friday and we loved it, Jenna. Wasn't it cute. We especially love the little girl. :)

    I am feeling better. I just flew in from Virginia last night.I can't wait to get back into class!

    ReplyDelete